28 February 2007

How about a Download-A-Day challenge?

You know you love 'em...you know you collect 'em...how about actually [gasp!] using 'em? To get you on the right track I'm challenging you to do a layout using pieces from a DLAD (download a day) kit from Divine Digital! The featured designers for March are Colleen Lynch and Misty Maier. The kit is called Whimsy and you can get to the forum here. Here's a preview of the first day's download.



Okay, I know you want to know what you get for completing the challenge, right? How about a brand new kit? Woo hoo! Well, not the whole kit...not right away anyway...you're gonna have to work for it!

The first thing you have to do is sign up in
Divine Digital's forum - it's free. Then go to the March 2007 DLAD link. Bookmark the page so you remember to visit every day!

Next, create a LO using the DLAD and post it in your favorite gallery. Yes, you can use images from other kits, but try to use the DLADs as much as possible. Finally, send me a link [catrionamag @ gmail.com] and I'll send you part of my new kit!

Every week during the month of March there will be another piece of the kit up for grabs - for a total of four. Don't worry, if you miss a part it will go on sale in my shop at DSO on 1 April - No Foolin! [spoiler alert!]

Here's the posting dates:
  • 1-9 Mar - part 1 (I added an extra couple of days to gather your first downloads!)
  • 10-16 Mar - part 2
  • 17-23 Mar - part 3
  • 24-30 Mar - part 4
  • 31 Mar - catch up day! If you missed a piece of the participation kit this is the day to post a last minute LO and let me know which ONE you need. You only get to pick one piece, so plan accordingly!
Now, I suppose you want a preview of the first part of the kit? Well, since it's still in production...how about a colorchip to tease you with?



Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Divine Digital and I get no kick back...only the same DLAD files to collect that you do!

Remember, sharing files is a form of digital piracy - even free ones. Please send your friends to my blog so they can participate in this challenge and get their own free kit.

If you want to learn more about digital piracy and how you can help prevent it, click on the link on the left.

Slainte! {Gaelic for Cheers!}

No comments: