01 January 2009

Homecoming 2009 - Let me tell you that I love you...


I don't know if you can see
The changes that have come over me
In these last few days I've been afraid
That I might drift away
So I've been telling old stories, singing songs
That make me think about where I came from
And that's the reason why I seem
So far away today
Oh, but let me tell you that I love you
That I think about you all the time
Caledonia you're calling me
And now I'm going home.
~ 'Caledonia' by Dougie MacLean

The year-long festival kicks off on the 250th anniversary of Robert Burns birth, 25 January 2009, and runs until St. Andrew's Day, 30 November 2009. The events center around five main themes - Robert Burns, whisky, golf, great Scottish minds and innovations, and Scotland's culture and heritage. A few of the scheduled events are:
  • January - a celebration of the songs of Robert Burns at the Clyde Auditorium in Glasgow
  • May - a month of whisky with distillers across the country opening up their doors
  • July - the biggest Clan gathering in 200 years in Edinburgh
  • November - a celebration of Scottish music throughout the country
Get details, plan your trip, and more on the Homecoming 2009 web site: http://www.homecomingscotland.com

New Digital Celt designs coming in 2009

In addition to miscellaneous yet-to-be-imagined digital and hybrid products, I am definitely planning to create the following fabulous goodies!

A special Homecoming 2009 digital scrapbooking kit including a convenient matching 20 page "Semi-Premade Pages - template with a twist" album to get those memories scrapped and printed to share with your family and create a lasting legacy.


A Homecoming Heritage Add-on Pack featuring family heritage/genealogy quick pages will also be available in early 2009. Customize your album and add your family tartan and Clan badge to your pages with a Clan Pack.

Don't see yours? New Clan Packs will be added frequently...and you can always send in a special request.


A Celtic Child collaboration kit with my online designer friend Belanna, is in the planning and development stages so I'm not sure what it will contain, but you can bet it's gonna be great!

No comments: