31 December 2007

New Years' Resolution...Take a Photo a Day

My New Years' resolution for 2008 is to participate in my own version of "Project 365." It's a fun and creative project where you take a photo a day and see your life in a whole new way.

Taking a photo a day is a big commitment but it has big payoffs...especially for a digiscrapper. Time moves so fast and I usually have trouble remembering what I did just yesterday or even last night, let alone a whole year ago! With this project I will be able to look back at any day of the year and recall things like

* what I did
* who I met

* where I went

* what I learned


Participating in Project 365 might even make me a better photographer. Using my camera every day will help me learn its limits and get more practice at composing shots. I'll definitely be forced to get more creative with my photography when I have to come up with something new every single day!

An alternative project would be to take a photo of yourself every week (I think daily would be a bit much...LOL!) and see how much you change. This would be especially helpful if one of your other resolutions was to lose weight. Or, why not use a child, pet, or even a cool tree as your subject.

Some people post them to their blog and some post them to a photo sharing web site. I think I'll just save them on my computer in a special folder. Want to play along? Click here to find out more.

No comments: