24 October 2007

Firestorm '07 and a new Freebie

I have relatives in the San Diego firestorm area. Luckily, they are among the few that have not had to evacuate - yet. If you have friends and family in San Diego, too, there's a great Google map showing where the fires are and all the latest evacuation news. I've also been watching a live news feed from a local Fox television station featuring in-depth and up-to-the-minute news and photos.

Probably as therapy while I waited for news, I created a mini kit for those hundreds of thousands of folks affected so, when they are ready, they can scrap these hard memories. It's also for anyone who has ever had a fire in their life.


But, I included some other fun word art titles so you can use it for layouts of a "Fire Sale," or someone you think is "Hot Stuff," or even a "Firefighter" in your family. [link disabled]


Remember, do not share files...just send your friends to this page to get their own copy.


Slainte! [Gaelic for "Cheers!"]

4 comments:

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Time WELL-SPENT Catriana! I also have relatives in Southern California - two brothers and three sisters who are ALL a safe distance with the exception of one who was only ten miles from one of the fires.

They are all headed up here to Northern California to attend our mother's "80th" birhtday bash/family reunion this weekend!

I saved a couple of photos a month or two ago when firefighters were battling fires in Southern California and was in search of a kit that I'd seen pass through on DST. I NEVER located it, so this is SO kewl that I found you! Or should that be, HOT!

Keep up the AWESOME work and I hope to visit again soon!

Oh, I do also have Scottish roots on my mother's side. Irish, English, Polish and Scottish. I am actually a quarter Polish and a little more than a quarter English. I'm stuck in England, but have not actively worked on my genealogy for several years now. Hmmm ... funny, like ever since I found digital scrapbooking!!!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!

Hugs,
Linda

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

I apologize, it's late, I'm tired and I read your name incorrectly!

Nice to meet you Catriona!

Linda

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

I have them all in my prayers!!!
I'm a retired Firefighter & lost my husband in The Line of Duty in Feb01 and I'm collecting to eventually do a ablum of all the photos from the funeral that we were given.
My odest son is still involved he is 2nd Assiant Chief and also a paid Firefighter at another company in our county!!!
So TY again for this AWESOME kit!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. I am surrounded by many fires, but not yet had to leave my home. We had a house full of evacuatees. I praying no more homes lost. Thank you for this great kit to scrap with, fantastic!